Finger Lickin' Quinoa Sticks
the healthy snack... other than hummus and carrots
I'm ALWAYS looking for snacks. Most times (97% of the time), I go for a packet of crackers, chips or bits of chocolate. I needed a healthier option so I decided to make these Quinoa Sticks. The best thing about this snack, is that it's packed with protein... which means you're fuller longer and less snacky. Here's my lazy adapted recipe from The Healthy Chef, check out her amazing more detailed recipe here.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Linseeds
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Lemon, Water, Olive Oil
- In seperate bowls, soak the quinoa and chia seeds in water overnight (2: 1 water ratio)
- Preheat oven at 180 deg
- Drain quinoa and place in a food processor or NutriBullet.
- Add in chia seeds, water, baking soda, lemon and olive oil (start with 1 table spoon, then add accordingly if the dough looks too dry) into the machine you're using
- Place in a loaf tin and bake for 1.5 hours. Reverse the loaf half way.
- Let it cool for 30 mins in the tin.
- Remove from tin then slice it into sticks.
These babies can even be cut into bite sized squares. Technically, you should eat these within 4 days if you've refrigerated them. Otherwise you can seal them in a bag and throw them in a freezer. When you're feeling snacky, microwave them and throw them on the sandwich press! So crunchy and so delicious. For some extra protein punch, spread some hummus on top. Enjoy!