Juicy C Cups: Capsicum, Chickpeas and Cous Cous
No one has ever complained about C Cups.
Not overly heavy and still do the job. Same goes for these juicy vegetarian C Cups. Packed with protein, these cups will fill you up big time. I made these as an entree but ended up having them as a main. These are perfect for when you have friends over because they are super easy and cheap to make (you can literally buy a $1 can of chickpeas or cous cous from Woolies). Enjoy you hungry mongrels!
- 3 Red Capsicums
- 1 Cup Cous Cous (if you're lazy, grab a pre-prepared take away container from the Woolies deli)
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- Kale (just a handful and finely chopped)
- Feta Cheese
- Paprika, Sea Salt, Pepper, Lemon, Coconut Oil (or Olive Oil )
- Preheat oven at 180 deg.
- Cut each capsicum in half and drizzle the outsides with oil.
- Boil some water and cook the cous cous first.
- In a pan, add in some coconut oil, kale, chick peas and cous cous. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
5. After the mixture is cooked, squeeze some lemon, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. In the last 2 minutes, add in the feta cheese.
6. Stuff capsicum cups with mixture.
7. Bake for 15 minutes. Squeeze some lemon on top and you are ready to enjoy your C Cups!
- If you like your capsicums crispier, bake for 10 minutes before filling them.
- Cook the chickpeas in a separate pan with paprika and cumin for extra flavour.
- Left over mixture is also great as a wrap filling. Think of it like a deconstructed falafel wrap ha.
- Goats cheese also works well if you're feeling a bit spesh.