Sweet Potato Toast aka Pre-Drinking Fuel
Before you destroy your liver, line your stomach the nutritious way.
On New Years Day, my housemate and I decided to make some sweet potato toast. We both knew it was going to be another belter, so we needed to carb up. Needless to say, it was a very wise and delicious decision... who knew being responsible could taste so good?!
- Sweet Potatoes (try get the one that is long and wide)
- Smoked Salmon
- Parsley (chopped up)
- Coconut Oil (healthy option), Olive Oil (tastier option), Paprika, Cumin, Salt and Pepper, Lemon
- Optional: Side of Eggs
- Cut the sweet potato into thin slices, about 2cm thick.
- Toast or fry them in the pan with oil of your choosing. Honestly, toasting took too long and it was a little bland, but that's because we didn't season them beforehand. Obviously anything fried is much more tastier, although toasting them was a better gut choice.
- Steam some kale with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Smash the avocado with a fork and add in the parsley, pinch of paprika, salt & pepper and lemon.
- Serve toast with your smashed avocado, smoked salmon and a side of kale. Add some eggs on the side if you want some extra protein.
So next time you need to line the stomach, consider some sweet potato toast. Packed with complex carbs, add in some good fats and protein, this breakfast may not save your liver, but it will certainly aid your future hangover.