Sea Salt Peanut Butter Bark
Screw the bark, you'll want to eat the whole tree after you've made this!
How people coined the word 'bark,' I don't know... I mean it's just another way of saying 'thin slice'. But I guess food wankers love a good new word.
Anyways this healthy treat is fucking amazing because it does't require hours of prep AND you don't sacrifice taste. The trick is to use a Peanut Butter that you're absolutely obsessed with (here's mine from Pressed Purity.) You can whip this up in less than 30 mins, so next time you go to stalk someone on Instagram take a break and make this Peanut Butter bark:
- 1 cup Oats
- 1/2 cup LSA
- Coconut Oil (melted)
- Peanut Butter (go for a crunchy one)
- Sea Salt
- Optional: Honey or dates to sweeten the oat base
- Mix the oats, LSA and melted coconut oil in a bowl. You can add the honey or dates if you want it sweeter.
- Cook the base in a tray for about 15 minutes at 180 deg. You want this slightly golden.
- Let the base cool down.
- Once the base is cool, smother it with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Freeze the tray for an hour, then break the slice into pieces with your hands.