Colombia: My Ayahuasca Experience (inc. VLOG)
Top 3 Post Insights
NOT A RECREATIONAL DRUG, IT'S A SPIRITUAL AWAKENING.
LOT'S OF PURGING.
BRINGS YOU CLOSER TO YOUR 'TRUE SELF.' OPENS YOUR EYES TO THE BEAUTY OF LIFE.
Hallucination, introspection and perspective.
If you've ever considered Ayahuasca, be prepared for one of the most bizarre yet enlightening experiences of yo' LIFE. Ayahuasca is definitely not a recreational drug. It's a mental, emotional and spiritual journey. It pivots you to the direction or path your 'true self' is urging you to take.
I'm not an expert, but happy to share my experience with any other newbies. So let me know if you have any questions! Also, PLEASE do your research on the retreat you're interested in. I was very fortunate to be in a safe, loving and trustworthy environment at La Ceiba Girardota in Medellín. Keenan Lee and Dani Villa are DIVINE human beings, thanks again guys!
Enjoy the vid and feel free to skip to any of the sections below xx
[0:00- 1:17] Ayahuasca Overview.
- Expectations (fairies) vs reality (shitting).
[1:17] Pre-Ceremony Rituals.
- Sniffing tobacco, licking tobacco tar & chewing cacao powder.
[1:54] The Ayahuasca Ceremony Begins.
[2:06] What does Ayahuasca taste like?
[2:16] Digesting, Purging and Vomiting.
[3:38] Ayahuasca Gives You What You Need Not What You Want.
[4:12] Vision 1: Family Memories
- Resolving things with my mum. Tips for getting married (gahhhh for the future not yet!).
[5:39] Vision 2: Relationships & Kids
- Ahh, visions of someone I dated. Trusting things will work out for ourselves (individually not necessarily together).
[6:24] Vision 3: Playfulness
- Never lose your childlike playfulness and love for life.
- Nb. one of my girlfriends gave me an interesting interpretation of this vision. She said that it might be a sign for me to stop chasing things and take me to appreciate all my achievements. This really struck me as I often to feel like I'm overworking myself, so it was nice to hear / be reassured that it's ok to stop, breathe and enjoy the present.
[7:01] Day 2: Just Shitting
- Surrendering to your body, which is half in reality and half in this ‘spiritual’ world. Trusting yourself and knowing this ‘cleanse’ is good for you.
[8:55] Should you try Ayahuasca?
- Why you won’t be the same, pushing your body and mind.
[9:29] After effects of Ayahuasca
- Closer to your true self, seeing things with more clarity and recognising behaviours you used to do.
[9:57] Final Take-out
- Experience this ‘world’ outside of reality, which opens your eyes to the beauty in life.